The UK General Election has been announced for 6th May.
Now is a good time to ask questions about how the political parties intend to support the arts. The hustings are a time when people who are concerned about the arts ask the political parties and their candidates about their policies for the arts.
Here are some questions we would like to ask:
(1) What support will your party give to the arts?
(2) Does your party have a policy about the arts and in particular the role that the arts can play in the economy and in developing social cohesion?
(3) Where does the arts stand in your general system of priorities?
(4) Who do you think benefits from the arts in the community? What benefits does the arts confer on various segments of our community?
(5) Will your party continue support for the Arts Council? How will your party support the Arts Council?
(6) How do you think the arts can be enabled to become more diverse and inclusive?
These are general questions that apply nationally. No doubt there are many more more questions that could be asked and hopefully readers will add their comments.
In particular, we would like to receive comments from people who have asked questions about the arts and what replies candidates have given.
We will also want to ask those questions to candidates standing in Leicester and Leicestershire.
Should Artsin run gigs in Leicester? - Should Arts in Leicestershire put on gigs? Tell us what YOU think by leaving a comment. Here are the issues: 1. So far we have only LOST money by putting ...
7 years ago